Saturday, February 21, 2009

Isaiah 12:2

''See, El is my deliverance, I trust and am not afraid. For Yah, Yahweh, is my strength and my song, and He has become my deliverance.'' -Isaiah 12:2

This really stuck out to me as I was reading my Scripture the other night. I get way too worried about way too many things. So whenever I find verses in Scripture that assure me that I just need to trust in Yahweh, I write them down.

Yahweh is my strength - how amazing is that to think about! I can do things to make me think that I'm strong, but my strength really comes from God alone. I can't do anything by myself even if I try.

I am not afraid. Am I afraid? Yes. Of what? Mainly I'm afraid of failure. I hate to fail - when I failed the driver's test to get my license, I cried. I hate to fail. I need to learn the lesson that, yes, failing isn't fun, and I still need to try my best at whatever I'm doing - but maybe God has me fail for a reason. That is a hard pill to swallow. Fail for a reason? To learn a lesson - sometimes the hard way. So I need to work on trusting God, even if I fail something. Anyone else?

Yahweh is my song. I should be praising God day and night for being my strength and my deliverance - do I? No. Do you? Something to think about.



P.S. I use Yahweh and Yashua because I believe in using the real names of God (I do use God, but the equivalent is Elohim). I hope this doesn't offend anyone - if so let me know. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)