Saturday, June 20, 2009

where did it go? I can't seem to find it ....

Modesty. Self respect. Morals. Where on earth has it all gone? Ach nein! I have two words to say: swimming pool

This weekend my brothers are in a swim meet. The swim meet is outside and right next to our water park. All of this afternoon I was quite disgusted. What is wrong with people that think it's okay to walk around and go swimming in basically their undergarments!!!! I think it's just plain wrong. Do people not care that they are showing the world around 80% - 90% of their body? Do people just flat out not care? I mean come on - seriously. What makes it okay to walk around in a bikini just because you are at a swimming pool? Would you walk around in a bikini at Target? The Library? Church? NO!! Never! So what makes it okay to wear that at the pool?

Yes, I know there are those that say that you can't go swimming in anything else, or that it's good for your body to get sun exposure, or some other random excuse that doesn't negate the fact. Modesty. There used to be modestly in our world. It used to be where if someone, anyone saw a girls' ankle it was absolutely awful!!! What happened? Those were good days, when men opened doors for ladies, ladies cared about being ladies, and cared about not showing things they shouldn't show to the world! (the ankle thing might be going a little far, but it's a good point)

I am just a little perturbed about the whole situation. Does nobody care any more? Does no one care about what the rest of the world sees? Maybe I am just too old-fashioned thinking or something - but I just don't know if God is happy with all of the immodesty that is in this world - in my little, sheltered world. I just don't know.

A couple notes to end with .... it's in the Bible, and I'm not the only person who thinks this way! Check out the Modesty Survey - it's really great and interesting.

1 Timothy 2 .... vs 9 in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing, vs 10 but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works.

The Modesty Survey part of The Rebelution


1 comment:

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)