Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blocked.

So I leave for work, with a big decision on my hands: which route do I take to get home? Understand, it's rather interesting getting around in these parts as half the roads are under water and the other half are under construction. Icky. Anyway, I make my decision on which way to go. I take off, all is well, I'm singing along with Audio Adrenaline (YES! Dad did finally put the CD player in my car!!)........ and I hit a "Road Closed" sign like 5 minutes from home. Why? Everything was going so great and the last thing I wanted to see was a "Road Closed" sign! Sigh. I turn around, go back all the way around, get home 15 minutes later than I wanted to.... snapple.

Life is kind of like that though, isn't it? We do things, we go along, everything is hunky dory, then suddenly *WHAM* God shuts the door on something. Why? Everything was going great! For one, it could be for our safety. Like a "Road Closed" sign on a road, it's there for our safety. We can't see that over the next hill, the road is covered by rushing water. The construction guys do know that though, and they aren't trying to be mean by putting the sign there, they are trying to protect those of us who aren't in the know. It's the same way with God. If we are pursuing something that isn't right or isn't safe, God knows that it's dangerous, and up goes the "Road Closed" sign. Granted, sometimes He does let us make mistakes, but when He does stop something, the goal is to be content and accept it, knowing that it's for our own good.

That's what I was thinking about as I drove the extra 15 minutes home. How does this relate to my life? Is there a good lesson I can learn from that blasted "Road Closed" sign? Yep, definitely. Things that we see as bad could actually be for our good... shouldn't we look at everything that goes wrong like that? Accepting and being content of those signs God puts in our path... but it's hard, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)