Monday, July 26, 2010

Here's to duct tape!

The idea started with a Lifehacker post a loooong time ago. It just never materialized until last night.... I had to go to Target to pick up some stuff, and, like any time I go there without Mom, I got lost. :P Ending up in the duct tape aisle (don't ask how), I spotted the awesome pinkness, remembered that post, and *lightbulb*!! I just had to make a duct tape wallet! :D Here are the photos I took to chronicle my conquest. 8-)


The starting materials


8 pieces of duct tape... the 'fabric' of my wallet


Cutting it to just the right size (good thing I didn't cut myself!)


Assembling all the different parts....



It's finished! Like the flowers? I think they add a nice touch. I need to add something else though... those were all I could find at the moment for decorations. 
 


Two pockets to the right and a clear pocket for - a Starbucks card! Although I have my drivers license in it now. 


And the mess to clean up when I was done. Now... if I can do it, anyone can do it - so give it a go! Twas a blast to make. :D

3 comments:

  1. oooooh! I like! :-) I would make one, but 1) I already have a wallet so 2) I don't need a new one (this one matches all of my outfits :mrgreen: ), and 3) it would probably fall apart in two days because of the things I put my current wallet through! Cool idea though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still have a link? I think I'll try making one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoops... sorry about that Tori! Here ya go. http://www.craftynest.com/2010/07/camp-craft-duct-tape-wallets/ have fun!

    @Mac - haha, yeah, I'm not sure how long mine will last either! hopefully awhile, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)