Wednesday, April 1, 2009

things above vs. things below

I have been convicted of late. Of spending too much time thinking about things here on earth. I was asking myself the other day, how can I better glorify God? Am I glorifying God in everything that I am doing now? Is what I am doing today, the best use of my time for His Kingdom and His glory?

I was reading in a 30 day devotional book by George Muller on Faith, how to get closer to God. We need to dwell on Spiritual things - build up treasures in Heaven, not treasures on earth. The only way we are going to get closer to God is if we glorify Him in everything we do, and concentrate on Heavenly rewards vs. earthly rewards. Am I doing that? I'm not sure I am.

So, with that, I am resolving to dwell on Heavenly things from here on out in my blog (and in other aspects of my life), and for the blog to not be all about me (even though I haven't been too overly ''all about me''). Yes, it is my blog, but I think that I could post things which would be more glorifying to God and less glorifying to myself, which is what needs to happen. ''More of You and less of me.'' right?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yeah! I've been thinking about the same thing recently. There's so many times when I find myself making such a big deal about things that aren't truly important. Let's work on our resolution together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea Miriam - let's work on it together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I removed the first comment because there were two of the same from Miriam - fyi.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)