Monday, April 25, 2011

to dance or not to dance?

Gosh there are tough decisions in life. I am sitting on one right now... and I don't know what to do. *sigh* Yes, it has to do with dancing or not dancing... but I won't bore you with specifics.

I shall change the tune and wish you all a Happy Passover and Feast of Unleavened Bread!! If you don't know what that is read Exodus 12. :) It's kind of hard to go without leaven for 8 days (there's a big part of me right now that would rather be whipping up a batch of bagels than typing this) - but the symbolism is SO important: get rid of the sin in your life. Thankfully, there's nothing we can do that can get rid of the sin... but that's why we have Jesus. Amazing, right?!

Speaking of which - in one of my essays for school I told my professor about Jesus' free gift of salvation.... got my worst grade ever on that essay. I don't care too much because I know I did the right thing and this grade won't count for my college GPA - but at the same time - I really do care. Because he just doesn't see it. :( <-- epically sad face.

On another happier note - I'm quite excited for this Friday!! It's the 2011 Lincoln Day Dinner - and our Congresswoman and State Governor will be speaking. And I get to go early and help set up. AND I get to bake a desert for the bake sale they're having. *does happy dance* It will be a nice change from sewing costumes, I have to tell you that!

And.... that was a lot of random stuff. But random is cool - especially for a Monday. Cheers. :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the new background - it's just - lovely.
    Passover is over - and I'm begging for bagels.
    And ever heard the saying - when in doubt - don't?
    I'm just sayin' . . .
    Wow. This was a really random response.
    Don't you just adore alliteration!! :) mm

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you gave us specifics about your decision, we could actually offer you advice and stuff instead of being in suspense and/or throwing out random answers! ;-) Personally I can't see you giving up dancing - what would you do without it? :O

    Over the past year, I have been rediscovering the rich symbolism in the Jewish holidays, feasts, and ceremonies. They're good reminders and encouragement in living the Christian life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mom: thanks :) and now you have bagels!

    @Mac: well, it's pretty much figured out now, but thanks anyways. :) and no, I'm not giving up dance lol. Amen to that!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)