Monday, April 4, 2011

Guest Blogger

Greetings, Reader of India's Blog of Awesomeness!
Through a catastrophation... er... collaboration of India and I, she ever so kindly agreed to have me make my mark on her blog as a guest blogger.

The topic of this blog post, as you can see, is "Guest Blogger." And thus is the topic on which I am writing today.

Now there are several ways to look at a guest blogger: By meeting him or her in person and staring at him or her, looking at a picture of the guest blogger, looking at him sideways, looking at him through sparkly blue sunglasses, or even staring directly at the subject till he feels uneasy and goes away. Hopefully you do not plan on implementing the last on me, as I am a guest blogger and I might want to have some sort of conversation with you, which would be rather difficult if I found it necessary to walk away from you. But regardless, let us first attempt to discover more about "Guest Blogger" by looking at the word "Guest Blogger" itself.

In order to discover the meaning of the word "Guest Blogger," let us do what any unintelligent person would do and reveal to ourselves the etymology of the word. We will do this by dissecting it as we would a frog in 7th grade homeschool Biology class. The word "Guest Blogger" comes from... quite a few word parts, the exact number of which is not known at the time at which this has been written. Nevertheless, the first word part we find is "Gue." This word is a misspelling of the word "Glue." As you can see, the letter "L" has merely been forgotten or left out. The next part is "st B," which obviously is the name of the second street in some street grid somewhere. It was abbreviated in order to fit on the street sign which was rather small due to recent city budget cuts, and even though everyone wanted it to read "The Second Street which Runs Northward That is Named 'B' as to not be Confused with Street 2," it was put on the sign as "st B." Since as we all know, everything on the Internet is true, I googled the word part "Log" and found that it is either a short form for "Logarithm," (the definition of which I shall not share with you for.... personal reasons) or... a whollllle lot of other things, one of which redirects on Wikipdia to "Logging." However, in the upper right-hand corner of that page, I found a link which was enitled "Log in/create account." I did not click on the link, but assumed that in that case, logs go in and accounts are created. The definition of "Ger" is still pending, but personal speculation infers that it relates to the sound that people and some animals make when angry, slightly annoyed, or when trying to frighten something/someone. So basically, the etymological meaning of "Guest Blogger" has something to do with glue, streets, logs that go in, and perhaps a certain sound.


What is a Guest Blogger like?
The character of Guest Bloggers varies from person to person (assuming the Guest Blogger is a person). If you would like to know what I am like... Don't ask someone who claims to know me, and whom I claim to know Most of this type of person has described me as "funny" or "hilarious," which is absolutely not true. If you want to know what I am really like, the best course of action would be to become me. However, I cannot provide you with any steps of action on how to do this. But the next best thing would be to get to know me and listen to what I say. Of course, if you don't know who I am, the first part of that would be rather difficult.



What does a Guest Blogger do?
If I knew, I'd totally tell you. But from what I have gathered so far, a guest blogger creates a blog post which is placed on the blog of someone else. This can also be known as a "Blog Invasion." The Guest Blogger attempts to write on an interesting topic. As a guest blogger myself, I have found that this is the hardest aspect of the task. And I have failed at it. Miserably.


Thank you for reading this post (assuming you didn't just skip down the the end and only read this sentence, in which case I would like to thank you for reading this sentence). If you have any questions/kweshtins, feel free to post it in the comment box. Accurate or sensible answers are not guaranteed.

5 comments:

  1. Question: didn't you misspell "kweshtin"?

    Question #2: does India know what you're doing with her blog? :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr Mac/WC,

    The answer to your first kweshtin is NO. I don't misspell things... I just spell them differently than most people do. And remember, just because the majority of people do something, it does not make it the truth or make it right (just like how the majority of people don't know the truth that BBQ sauce makes an awesme ice cream topping). 8)

    Answer to kweshtin #2: No, I totally just hacked into her blog and left a post as an uninvited guest.
    JUST KIDDING! Yessss unless someone did hack her account on forums and told me I could and added me to her blog, she does indeed know I am posting on her blog of awesomeness. ;)

    Thin Q for your kweshtins and questions! I hope this answers them... If it doesn't answer them or if you have any others, feel free to ask! =o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. bravo Essie - bravo! although wouldn't it be fun to be able to say that you hacked my blog? hehe!

    (and yes, I did know she was going to do this :D )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ms Cheetos,

    Thank you for your prompt reply! As to the first question, I was referring to the fact that you spelled it "kweshitns" in the blog post, and that's not the way even you normally spell it! Is that on purpose?

    Overall, a most enlightening post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mr Mac/WC,

    Thank you for your clarification, and for your pointing out my error. :) It has been fixed.

    Thanks!

    ~Essie/Cheetos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)