Sunday, April 10, 2011

twas a creative weekend!

Before I tell you about my creative weekend, let me say thanks to Essie for enlightening us on Guest Bloggers! It was an honor to have you post on my blog, Essie :)

And now, some creative things I did this weekend:

 On Thursday evening, I tie dyed tshirts with my Adult Clogging class! They will wear these shirts for their recital dance - and I figured it would be much more fun to make them than to buy them. Turns out I was right - they had a blast! I made one just for fun (I'm not dancing with them in the recital) - and it turned out pretty neat I think!

 My dear Mom helped me make this tshirt - also for the dance recital! This dance I am dancing in - it is the other Adult Clogging class (different teacher, I'm just the assistant teacher, so I must dance in the recital for this one). We are dancing to "I've Been Everywhere" by...?? I can't remember. But anyways, we all have a different colored tshirt with a different city name on it. I got Houston 8-) And it's still on the ironing board because I have little silver stars I want to put on it.


My brother, Judah, had his birthday lunch on Friday, and he wanted lemon pie! So I tried my hand at making vegan, no-sugar, fat-free lemon pie. Apart from comments like "too sweet!" "needs more lemon!" "needs more filling!" my family enjoyed it :)


For work, I got to sew 7 pair of black lace arm poufs. (they are worn above the elbow - like a little poufy part of a sleeve) Black lace is hard to sew! But their costume will be really pretty - it's going to be black lace with emerald green :)

Then! I made a messenger bag. Here is the pattern I found - really great instructions and it was pretty easy to make! http://mmmcrafts.blogspot.com/2009/06/basic-messenger-bag.html I made it harder because I decided to put batting in it, then I had to stitch the batting down, and I used a fancy stitch...!! Anyways - I think it turned out rather nicely:


the back pocket
the lining + 2 inside pockets
the fancy stitching... used like 2 full bobbins doing that!!


So yep - that's what I've been doing lately!! Can't do much else when it's pouring rain outside....

5 comments:

  1. I really like the messenger bag! I didn't know you liked to sew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get enormous coolness points for making a BLUE tie-dye shirt.

    Also, you keep denying it, but you really do want to come to Texas. Don't laugh! You're a fan of the Dallas Cowboys....and when you have to pick a name of a city, you choose a Texan one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very productive.
    Nicely done, Indi. Nicely done indeed. mm
    Now where's my bag . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the messenger bag! I may have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Megan: Yes! I love to sew! And I do it about 20+ hours a week for my job.

    @Jeth: You just keep on thinking that... go right ahead. (and yes, I did laugh :D )

    @MM: thanks :) well.... we need different fabric for your bag. I don't think you want a light purple/pretty flowered one :)

    @Zoe: thanks! you should! it was really pretty easy too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)