Monday, May 30, 2011

the joys of cooking. and other stuff. :)

With the dance recital being over, I have a little more free time (yay!). With that free time - I have been 'promoted' to being the chef in my family. Dad says I could use the practice (wonder what he was implying... lol). Anyways - I've been cooking up a storm! It's been interesting, because all my life I have been a baker, not a cook. My family actually jokes that my poor husband will only be eating sweets because that's all I'll make. It's been fun though, I've made some different things - some good, and some - well - interesting. :D

So besides cooking - what else am I up to these days? Well - I'm sewing a bridesmaids dress for a friend's wedding I'm in!!! It's chocolate brown velvet, princess seams, tank, floor length... gorgeous! I hope I do a nice job of sewing it - my fingers may be shaking from excitement - I'm soooo happy for my dear friend!!!!

I also was able, by God's amazing blessings, to get a job with CollegePlus! making College Algebra videos as CLEP test prep. The deadline is a little tight, but what could be better than doing math day in and day out?! I do love it.

I'll have to end here... my Eggplant Parmesan will be done soon, and my brothers are looking pretty starved! Until next time.... adios, and enjoy the lovely weather!

5 comments:

  1. My Extra Thoughts:
    You should totally come over and cook for me.. liiikeee. make biscuits with seaweed?
    And! You should have a wedding and invite me. :D

    But that's AWESOME about working for CP! So excited for ya girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cool India! I want to see the videos when they're finished... please? I know you'll do a super-duper job : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You won't believe this but Dad said the EXACT SAME THING TO ME!!! The only difference is that I don't do much baking either :P .

    Pictures, pictures, pictures are a must on YAKAR when you're done! ;)

    Again - congrats on your job with CP! It's just perfect for you! :)

    Share the eggplant parmesan recipe? We could try it this summer when our eggplants are ripe :D ....... and you know what? You and Essie and Hattie should come visit and have some! :mrgreen:

    ReplyDelete
  4. :O You grow eggplant Caravyn? I've never seen those things growing before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Essie: I would love to cook for you! Or, better yet, I can make biscuits when you come over for my wedding ;) :D and thanks! I'm excited too

    @Hattie: Well, when I'm done, they'll be embedded in the LN - so you can see them there!

    @CJ: haha wow! We have more in common than we think ;) Oh, photos, absolutely!! And thank you! Sure, I can email it to ya. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)