Thursday, July 21, 2011

friends

Friends are great. Change that. Good friends, are great.

One of my favorite quotes is to have good friends, you must be a good friend (it goes something like that, anyways). Lately I've come in contact with some 'friends' - that really only want to be friends when it's convenient for them, or when they have a favor to ask. That's hard.*

I was reading Scripture last night, and was really encouraged by 2 Thessalonians 3:13. It says "do not grow weary of doing good". I love that verse. Because sometimes you get sick and tired of doing the good, right thing - especially when others around you don't care about being good. But we are encouraged to not grow weary of doing good - even when it comes to 'friends'. So that's something God's been teaching me of late.

*and no, I'm not trying to point a finger at someone who I know will read this blog post... I doubt the person/people I'm thinking of will read this. :)


EDIT: apparently, this was my 200th post. I'm not crazy on blog stats like that, but that's kinda cool!

3 comments:

  1. And India,.. I'll be the first to say that you more than qualify as a good friend. A very, very, wonderfully, awesomely amazing good friend. Life without an Incalcia... *shudders* :D There would be a significant ray of sunshine missing. ;P Looovveee yooouuuu!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts India! And congrats on the 200th blog post ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw thank you Essie (hugs) and the same goes for you -- you are truly an amazzzing friend. :) love ya!

    thanks, Steven!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)