Friday, September 30, 2011

mish-mash

Ouch. I haven't blogged in awhile. Well, I haven't blogged here in awhile. What's new? This....



That's right! It's officially been just over 3 years since I started working on my degree, and I finally have my diploma. You know, it's a lot of work, time, money, stress, tears, victories, failures, ups, downs... etc, for a piece of paper. But at least they put it in a nice fake leather binder-thingy. And I got to learn Calculus. So I'm happy. :) 

Other news.... I sprained my knee (long story), may have talked a friend into doing college the same, awesome way I did (yay!), I'm going to a wedding tomorrow (fun-but-not-excited-about-the-long-drive-there), and last but not least, I made this the other day:





:D :D :D

Oh, and something I've been thinking about lately (this post really is a mish-mash of stuff, isn't it?) - contentment. I believe that God gives us desires for a reason - of course - those desires have to line up with His word. If you have a desire to get slobbering drunk, that's not from God imho. Anyways, about the desire to get married. I keep seeing that it's soo important to be content in your singleness.... and is it really? I mean, I totally get the fact that I can't be Facebook friending every guy and asking them how they feel about having 12 kids, and I can't be crying in my bathroom all day every day because I don't have a boyfriend. I need to be loving life, enjoying what I'm doing, and I am! But I don't want to be content that I'm single... mostly because I'm scared that if I get to that spot where I'm totally content with being single, I'll then be okay with maybe never being in a relationship. And I really do want to be in a relationship, and I think that's one of those good God-given desires.

It could be the English major in me just getting picky about words and meanings too... but personally I see a lot of difference in 'being content that I'm single' and 'being content while I'm single'.

What do you think? Should we be content while being single? Maybe a better question is - what defines being content while being single? And, most importantly, have you ever played Angry Birds? ;)

6 comments:

  1. First of all, congratulations!

    Second of all, I think being content while your single means trusting that God showers good gifts on His children. If you are single, it's for a reason. In this part of your story, you are better off trekking the adventure on your own. It doesn't mean that you'll be like that forever, just for now.

    Wanting to be married isn't bad. That's a desire given to you by God. If all you are doing is obsessing over it, that might be a different story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I'll be praying that your knee heals quickly! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your diploma! I got mine too and I can't wait to see it when I go home for fall break!

    As for being content with singleness (or while single), I totally know how you feel. I want to be in a relationship so badly too... but, at the same time, I am trying to be content in the place God has me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay India, congrats on getting your diploma girl!!! (party)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! Pretty paper! Congrats on the degree :-D Sometimes I do wonder whether the academic world is just running a big racket. Try to explain it to someone from another world: "Then we spend two to four years studying every subject known to man and cramming tons of information into our heads, while everything else in life falls by the wayside. But it's all worth it though, because then we get this awesome piece of paper with fancy writing and autographs on it that will get hung up on a wall or gather dust in an attic somewhere. Cool or what?!?!?" Sorry about that ramble; I guess I'm in a weird mood today >.>

    That Angry Bird is EPIC! You should totally make a lot of those and sell them. They would be great as those things that you hang from car mirrors!

    And as for the singleness issue, I pretty much agree completely with what everyone else has said. Well put people! ;-)

    P.S. I have played Angry Birds :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)