Sunday, October 4, 2009

cue the party music!

Happy Birthday to you ...
Happy Birthday to you ...
Happy Birthday dear Ezzy ...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

WHOOT! My little brother Ezra (affectionately called Ezzy) turns 12 this fine day! Here's to hoping and praying he has a spendiferous year, and that God keeps him safe in all that he does. :D (below is a picture of my wonderful little brother and I - next to the blueberry fields of Sequim Washington)

Funny story - so I run over and wish him a happy birthday this morning. I kind of snuck up on him so it would be a surprise you know. I pat him on the back, give him a hug and wish him the best. It kind of scared him - so he says ''ooooh that was unexpected!'' Now, you must know that his favorite line of all time is ''expect the unexpected'', he says it all the time. So, of course, my natural response is ''expect the unexpected Ezzy!''. Then he goes ''Well, if I'm supposed to expect the unexpected, and that was unexpected, then it really was expected. But what if you are expecting the unexpected, but then something that's expected happens, is that unexpected then? So what's unexpected is expected, and what's expected is unexpected ... wait, does that mean then, that whatever is expected is expected and whatever is unexpected is unexpected?'' .............................................................................. Needless to say, I was rather lost. Hehe - anyways - enjoy the photo. ;)

2 comments:

  1. If it weren't for the fact that it's only 7:15-ish in the morning, and some members of my family are still in their beauty sleep, I would have laughed out loud, for I have said something very similar to what the Birthday Boy so profoundly declared and questioned! Tell Ezra/Ezzy, he's so funny, and a belated Happy 12th Birthday to him!!
    And thank you, India, for the post, I hope you all are doing well in your travels!!
    :hugs:
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Victoria! Haha, yes, he is a funny guy - and I'll be sure to tell him that. :D
    I hope you are doing well yourself! *hugs back*

    India

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)