Saturday, October 31, 2009

here I go ... !!

Well, in one minute I will officially began writing. I am participating in NaNoWriMo this month! The goal? To write a novel (50,000 words) in one month. So, I turn up my super awesome epic music, open my Open Office Writer ..... HERE I GO!!!!

Btw, my novel is called ''Don't Drink and Derive: a comical math mystery'' In the novel, two vastly different college girls set out on an adventure to Salt Lake City. One gal is a math geek, and is totally obsessed with the belief that you can take the derivative of anything. Which is, of course, much to the chagrin of her companion, who will have nothing to do with math but is seriously obsessed with the arts and music. While in Salt Lake, they get involved in a scandalous mystery and end up putting all their talents together to solve it. (oh, and if any of the readers of my blog happen to be NaNo writers as well, my user name over there is auburngal. Feel free to add me as a writing buddy!)

Shucks it's three minutes past! I have to get going! As a college friend of mine always says on his blog, ''Now excuse me, I have some writing to do .... ''

4 comments:

  1. WHOOT!! Awesome goal - like I said before... Hmmm ... I think I see some correlation with real life ... bah - whatever! Hope you do well in this high endeavour! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hopefully I can complete my goal! :D Correlation to real life ... hmm ... maybe, just maybe. You never know. ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now who might have that college friend of yours been? *snicker*


    Went through site stats and found a referral from here. Naturally, I'm wondering, "India linked me on her blog?" You had a quite inventive use, ma'am, if I don't say so myself.

    With any luck, I'll make that phrase rather famous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe - yeah I figured if I borrowed the phrase I'd better give credit where credit was due. I hope you end up making that phrase famous as well. ;)

    Thanks for stopping by Jeth!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)