Friday, November 6, 2009

''... dancin' queen!''

Wanna hear a crazy story? Dance classes started the first week of September, and since we were on our trip it was obvious that I wouldn't be teaching any classes, or taking any, or anything since we'd be getting back way after classes started. Well, I emailed the teacher of a class when we got home, just to see if she would let me jump in to take her Jazz class. It would be fun, and a good work-out, and just one class. She said YES!!! (lol) so I go and take the class on Tuesday night. It was FUN! (and I got reeeaaaally sore :P )

Then, after class, the teacher and I were chatting afterwards, and mentioned she is teaching a tap class that she doesn't exactly like. Well ... it kind of snowballed from there ... and to make a long story short, I'm now going to be teaching her class for her for the rest of the year!

It's PreTap - two classes a week of 18 1st and 2nd graders. Fun! I'm excited - God is SO good. I have a job now (small though it is), I get to dance (which I didn't think I missed, but turns out I kinda do), and I get to teach little kiddies how to tap dance! :grins:

So! If any of you have smashing ideas for a tap dance recital number for 1st and 2nd graders .... let me know cause I'm on the lookout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)