Friday, December 18, 2009

...it's 2 am feelin' like I just lost a friend...

The title is a Taylor Swift song. Just so you know. No, I didn't just lose a friend ... but yeah, it's pretty close to 2am. What in the world am I still awake for? Who knows.

Anyhow, I have a story to tell!!

...It was a dark and stormy night. Actually, it was Tuesday morning. Around 9am. I woke up, all ready for my Social Sciences and History CLEP. The test that would get me to the ultimate step - being at 60 credits - and officially halfway done with my degree!

I was fully prepared and ready to go. I sat down at my test, and started going. It was splendiferously easy! Mostly American Government stuff and Western Civilizations ... all things I had done and learned before. Totally awesome! I was happily going speedy, about 3/4 of the way through with 2/3 of the time remaining ...

... then ... *cue sad dramatic epic music* ... the test server runs on computer A, while I test on computer B. Someone sat down to computer A, and promptly closed my test server. CLOSED MY TEST SERVER yes. It was gone. My test. Was gone. Forever. Never to be seen by my eyes again. So sad.

Alas, after several minutes of mass torment as my proctor restarted the server, I found myself seated at the computer once again, but sadly, this was a new test. It was not the easy test I had had before. No! It was an extremely hard test with mostly Economics and US History II. Very much indeed my two hardest subjects. :sigh:

Well, before this post gets any longer, I did end up passing the silly thing. But barely! Oh it was close. But, I learned valuable lessons from the whole ordeal!

Lesson 1) Trust in God. Always. No matter what. He's got it in control.
Lesson 2) Listen to God. I have to admit, sadly, that He told me to do a few things ... and ... I didn't. But I have learned now.

So! My crazy story of the year. On to happier things - I now have 60 credits!! Halleluyah!

2 comments:

  1. Wow.... That would be so scary!

    ~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah it was pretty crazy!! I'm very glad it's over :)

    ~India

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)