Friday, August 5, 2011

How Great is Our God

Alright people, God is awesome. Period. He just is!!! And I have a super cool story (well, it's super cool to me anyways) to go with that.

As some of you know, I have a job with CollegePlus! making educational videos. The past couple weeks have been really hard, because I'm working with a subject that I'm not very good at, or familiar with. Just a little more info that will be pertinent later on - when you are editing the videos and you want to insert an image onto the video, the little icon to click on to do that is a tree. (promise, that will be relevant later :) )

Rewind to about 2 1/2 years ago, when I very first started CollegePlus!. I was happily working away on my CLEPS day to day, when one night, I had the craziest dream ever. I told my Mom about it -- "Mom, guess what, I just had the most crazy dream. I dreamed that I was making videos for CollegePlus!! When would they ever need videos for anything, and why would I be working for them?! Isn't that crazy?!" Mom nodded and shrugged and I said "Oh yeah, and in the dream there was this tree. It was so random, but there it was, me making CollegePlus! videos with a tree just - being there." 

Yesterday as I was editing a video, all that came flooding back. Wham. I kinda felt like Sarah for a moment... laughing and not believing that something that sounded crazy to me could actually happen. Then I was overcome with a wave of peace. It was so reassuring to remember that dream - it just really felt in that moment that God had this under control, and making these videos what I was supposed to be doing. It was so great to know that right then, because of the fact that these videos are HARD to do, and I had been second guessing whether I should have even taken the job or not.

The good lessons I learned -- be perseverant. It may be hard, you may hate every minute of what you are doing, but like Paul says, we're still supposed to do everything to the glory of God. And - God has a plan!! Praise Him for that. :) 

7 comments:

  1. That IS super cool! Thanks for sharing that. It's awesome when God shows you that you're doing His will :-)

    Keep persevering on those videos! I'll be praying for you :-) Just curious - what subject is so hard for you? You studied English and Computer Science - I can't imagine anything that wouldn't be covered studying for those two degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. What other dreams have you had . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool, India! God is good and brings everything together. I've had similar experiences lately!

    Sierra
    (another CP! student)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool story!

    You've been doing a GREAT job with all of the videos. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such an awesome story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That. Is. AWESOME!!!!!!! :D I loved that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Mac: thanks for the prayers :)
    @Mom: nothing about us moving... sorry :P
    @Sierra: that's so awesome!!
    @Caitlin: thank you! means a lot that you think the videos look good
    @Zoe: Amen!!! God's so cool.
    @Essie: yes!! I'm encouraged reading it again a week later :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)