Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bad internet, Independence Rock, and Bikes

Ladies and gents, I am on vacation! Which explains my lack of posting *and* updating the song for Music Monday (sorry). The internet here in Utah isn't all that great either (although I just did a speed test and it gave me some good results... but the fact that it was so slow I could barely have a Skype conversation tells me otherwise).... which is a bummer, but hopefully that will help me take a bit of a computer break and spend more time doing 'stuff' with my family.

Soon to come will be pictures on my photo blog! {shameless plug: http://yakarphotography.blogspot.com/ }
If, that is, all my pictures take less than - say - a week to upload ha ha ha. We stopped to see a really cool site yesterday though, Independence Rock. Seriously! THE Independence Rock! For all you non-Oregon Trail freaks - you can read more about it here. My brothers climbed to the top (Mom didn't let me :sadness: ) - but it was really cool. An interesting part about it, was the fact that many pioneers had carved their initials or their whole name into this massive rock! Those were really cool to see. Dad saw he saw one dated 1890! The latest I saw was 1911 though.

We've got lots of fun things planned for this mini vacation - hiking, biking, white water rafting, shopping, touristy stuff... yeah! Really though, I'm not sure if we'll get to go biking. :(  (and no, I'm not talking about Motorcycles) All they sell back home are Huffy's from Target or Schwinns that are a million dollars. So we figured on buying them here. Seriously though, there isn't a used bike to be found in the whole state of Utah it seems! And I'm not rich, not at all. (plus, recycling is awesome!) We were bike shopping today (my family and I), and we found some Trek bikes for sale that were over $3,000. Really?! Who would spend that much on a bicycle! I mean, Lance Armstrong - yeah I can see that. But just for biking around for fun? I don't know who can afford it. If any of you know of some decent used bikes for sale in Utah though - do let me know. Thanks! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)