Friday, August 6, 2010

~dance~

I love to dance. Although that might be rather obvious... ha ha ha. :P But yes, I do love to dance, and I love teaching dance! I might be in just a tad over my head this year though. I finally have my dance teaching schedule for the upcoming 9 months... whew! I'm going to be busy. Here's what my boss gave me - now - these classes happen each week. From September to May. Ya! Busyness! Anyway:

-3 classes teaching Ballet to 4 year olds
-1 class teaching Modern to 6-7 year olds
-2 classes teaching Jazz to 8-9 year olds
-2 classes teaching Tap to 10-11 year olds
-1 class teaching Clogging to 10-11 year olds
-1 class teaching Clogging to.... adults


I'm so excited! Well, except for the adults. I'm not sure how to teach adult women. Teaching kids... I know how to do that fairly well (or so they tell me) - but adults? God - give me strength and wisdom.

I just wrote that - and went to do some laundry. As I was folding clothes... it hit me. I'm an adult. I shouldn't be worried about it.... just because I'm a younger adult. Do Hard Things!! ...there's my pep talk to myself for the day.

As it stands though, I'm super happy and excited about the classes I got. YAYNESS!!!! :D It's definitely a step up from teaching 2 classes last year and 2 classes the year before.... :)

But how on earth will I ever be able to wait until classes start on September 13th???

2 comments:

  1. WOW. You are a serious dancer. LOVE it. I have two left feet.

    - Caitlin
    Caitlin.Muir@CollegePlus.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I thought I already left a comment on this post : /

    Anyway.... That's awesome that you're teaching dance! Bet it's a great way to earn some money! I wish I lived near you so you could teach me; dancing is something I've always wanted to do : ) Although I can quite easily manage to trip over a flat floor, so maybe dancing isn't a good idea = D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)