Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Young Adult Blog Party!

Whoot! My good friend Jo has the best ideas ever! You can read about it HERE. Basically - she started a blog party for young adults! In her own words:

"The world has created a stereotype called a "teenager". Many youth (the Biblical word for this age group), myself included, don't particularly like this brand name. The general impression that the word "teenager" gives is that of a possibly lazy or bored, rebellious, TV watching, headphone wearing sloucher. Of course, that's not always the case, but that is pretty much the general idea."

So - the party is about listing 10 things you do instead of being bored, things you do in your free time that you enjoy! (and pictures were requested to be included) Here I go:

{1} DANCE! I know, I know, it's my job - but still - I *love* it. And it's great to just get my iPod and start dancing on the kitchen floor... until someone tells me to stop. :)

(senior dance en pointe - I'm the one in front with the tutu)


{2} EMBROIDER! Sadly, I haven't been able to do this in awhile, but I really do enjoy embroidering pretty things on fabric... to, hopefully, make it prettier. I have made a few too many pillows like this for myself (and others) - but it's just too much fun!



{3} PLAY GAMES! A favorite in my family's house is the Catan games. We have Settlers, Cities and Knights, and Seafarers.... when we put them all together we have one massive game going on! My three brothers and I are about at the same skill level, which makes the games lots of fun (and a fight to the end).



{4} SKYPE! ...I know, that might sound kind of lame, but as I only have one friend besides my family that is 'local' (and even she has gone off to college now :( ) - Skype is my way of hanging out with friends. Voice call, video call, just chatting - it's awesome! It's also really great to be able to Skype with my oldest brother... even though he resides in the bedroom right next to mine.





{5} ROLLERBLADE! There's not much better than strapping on some rollerblades, putting music on, and just going! It's even better when I get to do it with my family. Last summer, quite frequently my Dad would go running and I would rollerblade - that way we about kept pace with each other :D


(my brother - because - I couldn't find a
good pic of me rollerblading)

{6} HORSE..... STUFF! Hehe - I really enjoy working with horses. Riding them, helping other kids ride, etc. It's nice to be able to step away from life and play with a big teddy bear for awhile. (although, not all horses are nice teddy bears. :P )

(August is the Mom - Napoleon is the baby. sooo cute!!)


{7} BAKING! mmmmmm. Do I need to say more?

(banana bread! with chocolate chips on top)


{8} READ! I enjoy all sorts of books.... mysteries, drama, classics, fantasy (sometimes), "Idiot's Guide" books (don't laugh, I really do!), autobiographies... etc. Mostly anything that isn't horror or a romance novel.



{9} TRAVELING! I haven't been all over the world, but I'd like to! I think I've been in 33 states and Canada... but yes, traveling is awesome. Soo cool to be able to just hop in the RV (or the car, or a train, or a plane, or a boat) with my family and GO! Seeing God's awesome creation is wonderful and awe-inspiring - as is seeing all the interesting stuff that man has built.

(hmm. I don't remember where this was. Utah maybe?)


{10} WRITING! While I'm not so great at writing stories - I love to write essays. :D Yep - English major in the house. ;) By the way - this may be last - but it's definitely not least.



Now, it's your turn! Please join the blog party - just head over to Jo's blog (link at the very top) to read all the official rules, directions, etc. Have fun - being - un-bored!! :D

4 comments:

  1. I'll vouch for games, and Skype, and reading, and traveling, and writing.

    Also, I'm having pains of jealously over that Catan board.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 out of 10 - not bad at all ;)

    Aw - well - all the more reason to get together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. I'll have to borrow it for my own blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Caitlin! It was fun to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)