Wednesday, August 18, 2010

whew!

Today was spent sewing. All. Day. Long. Yayness!!! I got fabric in the mail yesterday for 2 Renaissance dresses - so I was itching to sew them up! Thankfully Mom washed the material last night, so it was done this morning and ready to go. I made a dress for myself, and one for a friend. Here are the stats:

-9 hours of sewing time
-15 yards of fabric
-4 spools of ribbon
-1 package of bias tape
-2 machines: a serger and a regular sewing machine
-the entire dining room
-newspaper (I had to make a pattern!)
-lots of pins
-lots of thread
-1 pricked finger (ouch!)
-my iPod + speakers 8-)

The end result:


The dress I made for my friend was the same, only in blue with white ribbon trim. Ya like? I do! My brother Noah says I look like a ranger..... that's one way to look at it I suppose! :D

Now on to some school... I really should do some work today... hehe!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! :) Only 9 hours, huh? Not bad. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veeery nice! Well done! :-) I do see the Ranger look a little bit . . . maybe that's just the way guys look at those sort of things?

    :wonders if he should grow his hair and beard out and come to OH as Aragorn:

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful dress, Countess, that's incredible! Bravo! :D We shall all make a regular court of nobles at the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing. Great job with the design. The green and gold are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Megan: Thanks! Yeah... I was bound and determined to finish them in one day. :D

    @Mac: Thankee! Definitely could be *nods* Hmm... I'd probably vote against the Aragorn look. But that's just me. lol!

    @Alex: Oh thanks! *curtsies* And we shall indeed - tis going to be just awesome! :D

    @Aaron: Aw thank you :) I like those two together also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)