Friday, November 26, 2010

Decisions

As of last night and this morning, I have decided that I cannot marry someone if they want to own a dog. Or already own one. Or wish to ever come in contact with a dog in the entire lifespan of our marriage.

My brother and I are house-sitting for a family this weekend, and it's been fun; we get to eat popcorn, watch movies, generally party.... but they have this dog. Which came and licked me every ten minutes while I was sleeping (or trying to) last night. Not only does that totally gross me out - but hello! I was trying to sleep!

Mom and I are about to do something we have never done.. that I can remember anyways. Go shopping today. Today is, of course, Black Friday - and while many people hit the stores and go crazy at 2, 3am - we've never been crazy enough to do that. (hehe) But today, apparently there is something my Mom needs, that can be had for real cheap today, so we're going shopping. Should be fun... if we make it out alive!

(extra thought: just because I said that, God will probably lead me to marry a man who either already has a dog, wants one, or doesn't like them, yet God will change the guy's mind the day after we get married to decide we should get a dog. :P )

(extra thought number 2: no offense to anyone that owns dogs and likes them. I'm really thankful for people like you... because that means you can have the dogs and I don't have to. :) )

10 comments:

  1. You can have dogs and I don't have to ... LOL! I <3 dogs. I'd love a St. Bernard - it'd be like having a giant teddy bear!! But everybody tells me they're gross and they drool all over. So no St. Bernard. I really, really like wiener dogs, though. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey India,
    I had to laugh when I read the part about black friday shopping. I had never been shopping on black friday before in my life and had always wanted to go. Last night my siblings, cousins and I were given permission to go shopping an we convinced our Grandmother to go with us! We left at 11 pm, got to the stores just after midnight when they opened and shopped all night long! We got home about 7:45 am. Yes, we were extremely tired and crazy. But it was so much fun. And now I can say I did it, I went shopping all night long. :)
    It was my first all-nighter!
    Yes, feel free to say it, I am crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I LOVE dogs. But I agree with you. I deffinitly don't like it when they wake you up by licking you. Not enjoyable AT all. period.
    (we have a Chiweenie.. its a designer breed.. she's a mix between a weenie dog and a Chiwawa)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think other peoples dogs are cute and fun! I would die before I got one for myself though. I'm selfish and I want to be able to pick up and leave for a week at a time whenever I want! And not be thinking "does that hotel allow dogs??" or "who can I get to watch Shep??"

    So for me, no dogs, not cats, no animals whatsoever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Megan: The one nice thing about a big dog like that though, is it would be a good guard dog! Weiner dogs... haha!

    @Kali: FUN! Sounds like you had an absolute blast! And we all do crazy things, no worries :D

    @Lydia: Do you want a yellow lab? Haha. I know. It's just icky.

    @Emy: Exactly! I like cats though - my family has cats and we go on trips all the time. The nice thing about cats is they can take care of themselves! (side note: our cats are outside cats)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, I wouldn't mind a yellow lab!! actually, we had one for likeee...... almost 8 years. He was the best dog we have had..(so far ;) he never licked your face when you were trying to sleep.. in fact, he never licked your face.. only hands..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dislike dogs licking me period. Plus then you have to deal with all the stuff Emy said, AND they get hair (and fleas if they go outside, and everything else they get on themselves) all over everything! To a semi-neat freak like myself, that is unacceptable :-D

    Outside cats are nice, because they look after themselves, and they take care of the moles and mice!

    That said, I will probably never get a pet unless there is a good reason like pest control. I'm just not really a pet person :shrugs:

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Lydia: ....well, I'm glad you like dogs. :D

    @Mac: true, true, true. The pest control factor is one of the reasons we have cats... they do a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, I'm going to play the "odd man out". Not only do I LOVE dogs, I love to let them lick me.... and I don't mind if they lick me in the face either. *embarrassed look* But I really do like cats! Does that redeem me India dear?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Hattie! :( You're one of them! ...just kidding! The fact that you like cats definitely redeems you, yes. ;) :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)