Sunday, November 14, 2010

goin' RETRO!!!

A looong time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away, someone (who shall remain anonymous) spilled bleach on my favorite brown linen skirt.


It's kinda hard to see from far away, but there are white spots on that skirt that shouldn't be there. I couldn't wear it, and I was so sad.... until now. 



Cool, right?! I think so. :D I was at the fabric store yesterday, saw this fabric, and fell in love. I'm usually the type that goes for flowery pastel fabric - but this just screamed total awesomeness. So I took a few minutes to appliqué a piece right over the top - and bam! Totally new look. 

Random fact of the day: When I sew, I have to listen to music that has lyrics I can sing along with. Otherwise I grit my teeth really bad. :/ (my apologies go out to my family, having to put up with my dreadful singing whenever I sew)

4 comments:

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)