Thursday, November 11, 2010

time flies when you are having fun. er, when you're busy.

It's been a week since I have posted?! What? Crazy. I've found that I am really productive on Sunday, Monday, and about half of Tuesday... then the amount of stuff I get done steadily declines throughout the week. I need to think of a Wednesday motivator or something....

Tis been cold lately. And yes, as my Mom put it on her blog, all we do in SD is talk about the weather. It's constantly changing, so it's a great conversation topic! As they say: "Live in SD and don't like the weather? Wait 10 minutes and it will change." :D That's pretty true.

Someone said something on the college forum I'm a part of the other day in response to a guy/girl relationship topic - "just stop having crushes!" I laughed. Seems to me the person who posted that has probably never had a 'crush'. It's hard controlling stuff like that. The only thing to do, in my opinion, is immerse yourself in Scripture and God's presence. God's the only one stronger than our emotions. The only thing is - that's a lot easier said than done.

So, I applied for an internship last week. Cool, right? I'm so excited! I'm sure that a lot of people applied for it (it's an internship with our state's Senator, John Thune), so I'm leaving it in God's hands whether I get it or not. :)

And I'd better head to SPURS. Get to help a little seven year old girl who is half blind ride horse today. She's sooo sweet, and I think we get along pretty well. I've known her for awhile, and she's come a long way since she first got on that horse. *smiles* Hopefully God can use me to bless her day today.

4 comments:

  1. I think that's a really honest approach to crushes, India. Emotions aren't always easily clogged, stopped, or diverted. You have to let Jesus do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When someone asks me if I've ever had a crush, my initial reaction is to say forcefully (*too forefully*) "OF COURSE NOT!" because young, modest Christian girls aren't "supposed" to have crushes. But that's not really the case, and when feelings come up, I pray and ask YHWH to help me through it and I also talk to my Dad.

    Now, I don't get "crushes" (I really don't like that word..) often, but still, it's nice to know how to work through it when I do :)

    Blessings and thanks for the post!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Caitlin: Amen. Thanks for your comment :)

    @Jo: Yeah, I don't really like that word either... need to find a better one. Thanks for your thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that was my thought about the dude's statement as well

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)