Saturday, September 11, 2010

late night randomness

-we are home! I can't wait to sleep in my own bed again. the trip was fantastic, but there's just nothing like home.

-football starts tomorrow. yep, NFL football. last year, everyone in my family (including myself... sort of) were huge football fans. we'd all gather around the tv on Sunday afternoons with our junk food and watch the games. well, this year we are still fans, but we got rid of our tv. tis a good riddance, but I'll miss Sunday football a bit. (GO Cowboys!!!  ..hehe)

-we will never forget. I've read those words a lot today, being it's September 11th. 9 years ago, today, some losers from another country decided to destroy thousands of lives here in this country. it's a terrible thing, and we honor those who died, and who have fought and died since. and we pray for the families of those whose loved ones were harmed, and we pray for those who still wish to do harm. pray for your enemies.... tis a hard thing.

-I should really count up the photos I took on our trip. 3 weeks.... X amount of photos. had to be a lot though... which reminds me. I need to back up my computer! *digs around for external hard drive*

-and with the end of our trip comes the start of dance. I'm sooo so soooo excited, and really nervous too. don't worry - I'll come back to tell you all about it though. classes start Monday. :D

-tomorrow = cleaning the RV. yay! for real, I like unpacking. organizing and putting everything back where it goes is actually pretty great. especially if you can have awesome music playing while you do so.

-don't you love your family? cause I sure love mine. tonight, before I sat down to my computer, we spent a couple hours reading Scripture, then talking about stuff, then laughing at goofy things. we don't usually stay up that late talking (it was 11pm), but we had such fun. at one point we were talking about the problems we've had with our roof from not shoveling the snow off soon enough this winter (gotta love conversational tangents), and my youngest brother pipes up with "why don't we just sand the shingles? that would make them smooth and the snow would slide right off!" that gave us a good laugh. I just love 10 year old logic.

-before this gets any longer, I have one final thought. I think God likes quietness. I'll expand on that more in my next post. until then, auf wieder sein!! *dive bombs my bed*

3 comments:

  1. Yay! SO glad you are back! I can't wait for pictures and I'm praying for your dance classes. *hugs*
    ~Tori
    P.s. Beautiful blog template :) .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice family moment. The kind you'll probably look back on and say "those were the good ole' days." It's amazing how complicated life gets the older you get. :P

    Have fun with dance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tori: thank you!!! praying for you too *hugs*

    @Emy: most assuredly!! yeah... that's funny how that works :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)