Tuesday, December 21, 2010

promises

This is beautiful. Just beautiful. I love reading this passage - especially since it comes straight from the mouth of our Heavenly Father. So many wonderful promises in here. :)


   "If you walk in My laws and guard My commands, and shall do them, then I shall give you rain in its season, and the land shall yield its crops, and the trees of the field yield their fruit. And your threshing shall last till the time of the grape harvest, and the grape harvest shall last till the time of sowing. And you shall eat your bread until you have enough, and shall dwell in your land safely. 


    And I shall give peace in the land, and you shall lie down and no one make you afraid. And I shall clear the land of evil beasts, and not let the sword go through your land. And you shall pursue your enemies, and they shall fall by the sword before you. 


   And I shall turn to you and make you bear fruit, and shall increase you, and shall establish My covenant with you. And you shall eat the old supply, and clear out the old because of the new. And I shall set My Dwelling Place in your midst, and My being shall not reject you. 


   And I shall walk in your midst, and shall be your Elohim, and you shall be My people. I am Yahweh your Elohim, who brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim (Egypt), from being their slaves. And I have broken the bars of your yoke and made you walk upright."

-Leviticus 26:3-13

5 comments:

  1. :And I have broken the bars of your yoke and made you walk upright." Oh God I need that to come true. I'm so freakin messed up, He doesn't even respond when I try to talk to Him. I want to get back where I was, but its not happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That passage is a gem, often overlooked because of where it is. Thanks for bringing it back out and letting it shine and soothe the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous: I'm praying for you! Know that God is there and He will never ever leave you or forsake you even when things are rough. Ever wanna chat, send me an email: mourning2dancing@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)