Monday, April 26, 2010

"Change we can believe in"

*cough cough* No I'm not one of "those" people (much the opposite, I might add)... but I'm blogging about a change to the Music Monday thing. (thus, the ever-so-appropriate title) For reasons known only to myself... I'm going to change it to once a month and then post four songs. :) I think that will work better.... seems my blog is getting pretty cluttered with posts about music and this isn't a music blog. So yeah, that's the plan for now. If you don't like that idea, leave me a comment and let me know. Otherwise "Monthly Music" will be on like the second Monday of every month or something like that. :)

Totally off-topic:
God's promises.
It's really amazing that God gives us His promises, isn't it? I mean, we make promises, and we might try to keep them and do a not-too-bad-job at it... but think about it. There could always be something that comes up to stop us from keeping our promises (which is why I don't think we should make promises... but that's another topic for another day). But see, when God promises something, you know for 110% fact that it's going to happen! Take for example, the first few chapters of Genesis. God sends a flood to wipe out the entire population of the earth (save 8) because they were SO evil. Looking around at the world today... you wonder how much more terrible humanity could get. Anyways, God sends a flood. When the flood is over, He makes a covenant with Noah (and us) and promises He will *never* flood the entire earth again. How do we know this is true? Because today, after it rains, we see a rainbow in the sky. That's God's reminder to us, that He will never destroy the earth with a flood again. Isn't that beautiful?!

*sighs* It's such a good reminder, as I look outside... and see it raining. Feels like it's been raining for forty days and forty nights here. And goodness knows we don't need the rain!! I was listening to the radio the other day, and the weather guy says ''this weekend we are going to be getting some much needed moisture''...dude! What planet are you from?! Come visit the lake in my yard and take all the moisture you need! ...ugh. So yeah, it's raining... but rather nice to know that God isn't going to flood the earth again - as I spy that rainbow in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)