Thursday, April 29, 2010

the one and only... iPad!

WARNING: This is a geeky post. 

Yesterday as I was in the parking lot, waiting to pick my Dad up from work, he came out to the truck and said some beautiful words to me: "Hey Indi, a co-worker of mine just got that new i-whatever. Would you like to come and check it out?" (all with a grin on his face, knowing what my answer would be). I naturally grinned back and jumped up and down like a little kid saying "YES!!!!"

Overall, the iPad is a really sweet piece of technology! (I still wish they would have named it something else though.) The graphics were stunning... there were a few 3D apps I played with - and it was like you were actually there! (played with a solar system one.... ooooh yeah!) The clarity was really nice, and you could zoom in forever on text or a picture (or anything, really) and it was still clear as a bell. The touch part of it was nice and responsive - probably a bit faster than my iPod Touch. The iBooks app was really neat too - just a swipe across and the page turns! How they set up the iPod music part of it was cool... and surfing the web was fast and fun.

I don't think I would buy one though - just because it's pretty much exactly like an iPod Touch - only bigger (can't exactly throw it in your pocket and go). It's not big enough to type on it like a regular computer keyboard (at least, not for me), and it lacks a few things that would have made it more awesome. Like, voice-in capability to make phone calls (on Skype!), a webcam would have been cool... and flash!

All in all, it was a super sweeeet thingy, but for size and function, I think I'll stick with my iPod Touch. (although, Apple does get coolness points for releasing the iPad on my birthday!)

And now for a random piece of news... I got my 10,000th email today! How cool is that? And, since it's in Gmail, I'm only using 16% of my available space. *dances a jig* (so, here's to everyone who has ever sent me an email! ;) )


p.s. sorry to all my non-geeky friends out there... just ignore this post. Not to mention the fact that I had a Computer Science exam this week... I'm in a bit of a geeky mood. :D

p.p.s New thing on my sidebar! (in case you haven't noticed) It's.... *drumroll* the random quotes box! I'll be putting quotes I find in there - and I'll be changing it every so often. Today, it happens to go with this post, but it may not always be like that. Enjoy! :D

4 comments:

  1. Love the quote... vr. 1.0! HAHA... that, or the "prototype". That's a good one... keep 'em comin'!

    ::Jon::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog!! Love it!!
    So down to earth!!
    Keep up the good work!
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi India!
    Thanks for your comment and for following me!! I found your blog by way of Zoe blog Joyful Sounds!
    I saw your picture under her followers and thought your name was really cool, so I clicked on your pic. and it took me to your blog!!
    I'm glad it did! I like fun blogs. :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laura!
    Haha, that's cool! Well thanks, your blog is awesome as well. ;) Great to meet you!
    ~India

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)