Monday, June 7, 2010

....beautiful.

There's really nothing better than awesome French music you can't pronounce the title of (--->) - and the most comforting Psalm (at least for me). Whenever I'm in a rough spot, I just remember the words of David .... so beautiful. :)

"I lifteth mine eyes unto the hills - from whence cometh my help?
My help cometh from Yahweh, the maker of Heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved, 
He that keepeth thee shall not slumber.
Behold, He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
Yahweh is thy keeper, Yahweh is thy shade on thy right hand. 
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. 
Yahweh shall preserve thee from all evil, 
Yahweh shall preserve thy soul.
Yahweh shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in, 
From this time forth and even forevermore."

I'm not a KJV person really, but I memorized Psalm 121 in the KJV, and it's just wonderful-sounding. To be able to tuck those promises away in your heart.... God's with us. He's there. He's never off-duty - He's watching over us all the time. We have Him as our ultimate help. Like I said, does it get any better? Well, maybe if chocolate was added to the mix.... ;)


p.s. with the song... horrible movie, lovely soundtrack. just fyi. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow...this is a lovely soundtrack, very beautiful. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it though?! No problem! Happy to "share" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the soundtrack? lol I'm not seeing it!

    That's my favorite Psalm btw, India. :) It's like honey to the troubled soul...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hannah! Just click on the 'button' in the sidebar where it says "J'y Suis Jamais Alle" - it will take you to the song on Grooveshark where you can listen to that song and the rest of the album! Enjoy! :)
    ~India

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)