Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Contrasts

Sun vs. Clouds
Blue vs. Red
UPS vs. FedEx
Tea vs. Coffee
Pencils vs. Crayons
Mac vs. PC
KJV vs. ...everything else
etcetera.

There are many contrasts in this world, and I had a rather contrasting day today.

Morning: 5, 6, and 7 year olds that would not let go of me. Seriously! At dance camp, about half the class wanted to hold my hand 24/7. And dance right next to me, and walk beside me down the hallway, and give me every single picture they ever colored, and imagine I was the ultimate hugging machine... lol. They should be dancing - but - on the other hand, it's nice to be loved I suppose. ;)

Afternoon: Two ladies (about my Mom's age I would guess) who totally need to take that whole ''don't look down on people because they are young" (paraphrased) thing to heart. Seriously people! Making smoothies is my job, you aren't the one getting paid to do it, you have NO IDEA what you are doing (thus, don't tell me how to do it), and don't think I can't do a good job just because I look like I'm 12.... so leave! Please! :P Needless to say, it was a rough afternoon. I tried to smile, and be happy with them, and restrain myself from adding sleeping powder to their smoothies..... and show them God's love - but there were times I wasn't doing such a great job of it. *sigh*

But! Tomorrow is a new day. and.... "I'm still alive!" :)

7 comments:

  1. Don't you just love working customer service! People are always friendly and so appreciative. :P Makes me enjoy kids a lot more. If you make it through the 40 hour work week let us know. We would be sad if you didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...They took you for being twelve? :O Huh.
    Go Indi! Sounds like a rough day...I'm sorry. You can make it, though, despite the misunderstanding persons. We're invincible CP! students, after all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement!

    And yes Alex... seems like everyone thinks I'm 12. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then apparently everyone in SD needs glasses. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. *hugs* I am sorry you had to deal with people like that.

    SD people thought you were twelve?! *raises one eyebrow* ... weeeeeeeeeeird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *hugs* Thanks Tori.
    haha! well, it's good to know the people in NC don't think so! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)