Wednesday, October 6, 2010

aww little kids :)

I babysat three girls today/yesterday as their parents had to go out of town. Last night before we prayed together, (with the parents giving their girls hugs and kisses goodbye) the littlest girl (she's 5) said the cutest thing. She goes: "Mom, I love you so much because you let Miss India come and stay with us!" What an "awwww!" moment! Then this morning, as I was driving the girls to school, the middle girl (she's 8) pipes up randomly with: "Miss India, I wish you were our sister." My heart melted. How sweet was that?! It totally made my day.

On the down side, the youngest girl almost broke down into tears when she realized her sister put grape jelly on her toast instead of strawberry. So we had to have a ''you're a big girl and grape is just as good'' talk. And then 2 minutes later she was happy as a clam. Also on the down side.... they have a dog. A big yellow lab that is smelly and icky and licky... blegh. Note: I like cats much better than dogs.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Another cat lover. I am not a dog person either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Cat's are better than dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww! :heart melts: Does that make your day or what? :-)

    I'm not really much of a pet lover - I'm a pet tolerator :O probably because I'm sort of a neat freak and having pet residue of various kinds throughout our house is NOT appealing to me! Plus you have to take care of them and I have no time for that :-P But cats are neater, quieter, etc. than dogs so I prefer them. Outside cats are fine, because they're independent and they take care of small rodents! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats: 4
    Dogs: 0
    YAY!!

    And yes, Mac, it totally made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)