Tuesday, October 19, 2010

MCFBFAE and infinity

Peek in our house on Friday night. You'd see Ezra and I seated on the Living Room floor, battling back and forth in a game of Risk for our very lives. You'd also see Noah and Judah sitting on the couch, with a box of corn flakes sitting between them. Those two had previously been beaten out of the game, and were happy to sit and watch us, and eat. The fact that they got to eat corn flakes before we did, made them come up with their own special club: MCFBFAE (yes. sometimes I wonder too.) It stands for Mental Corn Flake Buddies For Ever And Ever. Oh yes it does. LOL! How did they ever come up with that?! I'll never know. But it's positively goofy and hilarious.

You know I mentioned I'd been reading "The Restaurant at the end of Universe"? Well, in this book, they define infinity:

Infinite: Bigger than the biggest thing ever and then some. Much bigger that that in fact, really amazingly immense, a totally stunning size, real "wow, that's big," time. Infinity is just so big that by comparison, bigness itself looks really titchy. Gigantic multiplied by colossal multiplied by staggeringly huge is the sort of concept we're trying to get across here. 

:D That gave me a good laugh. Dealing a lot with infinity in Calculus, I'd never heard it described quite like that before.

1 comment:

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)