Sunday, October 10, 2010

overheard at my house

Mom was explaining how they make cheeseburgers at fast food restaurants, for all of her children who have never had one. (*cough* which is all of us *cough* )

Me: "So do they put cheese inside of the meat patty?"

Mom: "No, that makes it stick to the pan. They usually just fry the meat by itself. But if you really wanted to do it right, you'd put a slice of cheese on top as it's frying. And if you REALLY wanted to do it right you'd toast the bun before putting it all together."

Noah: "And if you *REALLY* wanted to do it right you'd take the plastic wrap off the cheese before putting it on the burger.

Gave us all a good laugh :D

In other news.... I get tomorrow and Tuesday off of work! Yay! I'm so excited - I don't know what to do with myself!! Perhaps I shall give my room a thorough cleaning and give a bunch of stuff away.... to prepare for moving. :) If and when we move, that is.

Random fact of the day from one of my best friends.... "I've heard that the symptoms of over-tiredness can be very similar to when someone's drunk." ..... interesting, right? I sure thought it was. Remind me to never to be in a social situation when I'm overly tired. hehe!

4 comments:

  1. Never had a cheeseburger? :-O You're probably better off this way anyway - with or without plastic wrap :lol:

    And I would agree with the random fact . . . we were feeling pretty stoned after a few days in OH. Driving around after midnight singing to the cranked-up radio, waving our hands outside the windows and yelling, "Wooooooo!" . . . good times. I kinda wonder what the people we drove by thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah... there wasn't much actual sleep time in OH, was there? I think I zonked out for the next week :D
    LOL! I'm sure they just thought "crazy college students" and left it at that ;)
    ~India

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! ^ You guys are So right! We were so crazy is right! I told my Mom, "It was like we were trying to cram four years of college socializing into 4 days!" Nuts. XD

    India, this post #1 made me laugh! #2 made me think of this article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101012/bs_yblog_upshot/mcdonalds-happy-meal-resists-decomposition-for-six-months
    Talk about disgusting! You guys are smart. Unfortunately, I've eaten my share of these things....ewwwwww. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gives India a high-five* Yay for no cheeseburgers! ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)