Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sadly, I'm not actually from India.

My name means "from India" - lame - yeah - oh well. (I do still like my name though!) Apparently, someone really took that to heart in a letter to me! I exchange letters (Yes, snail mail. It does still exist! Shocking, I know.) with an awesome college friend of mine... she lives in Alaska. I got an additional letter from her 11 y.o. brother Sam the other day:


In case you can't read it (and I don't blame you if you can't - my scanner isn't amazing), it says the following: 

To: India  how are you doing? do you eat lots of rice like us? do you ride elephants and rickshaws? Are the monsoons coming soon? Do you wear a sari? What caste are you in? Do you have a pet mongoose or cobra? You should buy a jeep and take tourists on safaris for many rupees? I like curry. There is probably tiger season, elephant season, snake season, and tourist season. Don't let a panther come down through the thatch of your roof. 
From Sam

I really, really, honest-to-goodness, have not laughed that hard in a LONG time. Sam, thank you for making my day. :D :D He also included this drawing on the back: 


O.O hahahahahaha

6 comments:

  1. Oh that is just too funny! Thanks for sharing that India; I was laughing so hard, lol. It sounds like Sam is just as hilarious as his older sister ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWAHAHAHA!!!! Prof Calc, I TOLD you he'd be just tickled... He's laughing and telling his older bro about it ;)

    @Hattie.. Haven't you seen my post on the 'confessions' thread?? Esther=Not a funny person. =o

    Love ya sisters!!

    ~Esther

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Nice! :-)

    I like how well-armed you are! Sam has good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute & funny & just plain brilliant! lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Sam is great!

    Good old fashioned pen-pals are great to have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't he adorable? haha. . . yeah, he asked me about certain things I won't mention here ;) partly about adopting an Indonesian family :O haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)