Friday, October 15, 2010

umm - yeah.

I don't like it when I have nothing to blog about. Really! I mean, when there's nothing exciting going on, and my creative juices aren't flowing, but I know I need to blog something somehow..... UGH! Actually, you know what, I did have an idea for a blog post as I was reading through Isaiah. (I just love Isaiah, don't you?) *goes to grab Bible*

.....and you know what, I forgot what I was going to blog about. Naturally. (rolls eyes at self) But - I shall make a post out of this anyway! I have been reading in Isaiah, and I just read Isaiah 40. Man, oh, man - what a great chapter. It's like Matthew 5... just absolutely wonderful. It's prophetic, encouraging, proving the strength of God.... if you haven't read it in awhile, go do so. My favorite has to be the last few verses.

"Did you not know? Have you not heard? The everlasting Elohim, Yahweh, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who wait on Yahweh renew their strength, they raise up the wing like eagles, they run and are not weary, they walk and do not faint."
-Isaiah 40:28-31

Amazing.

Something else I have been reading recently, is "The Restaurant at the end of the Universe". YES! It's the sequel to the book "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" - perhaps you have heard of that? If not, this is quite the series written by Douglas Adams - I suppose it would be considered Sci-Fi? It's just super random and funny.... and call me crazy, but I like it. And whatever you do, whether you brand me as insane, decide to read it, or grab copies and burn them..... NEVER forget your towel! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love that verse! Isaiah is one of my favorite books of the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Restaurant at the end of the Universe sounds like quite the book to check out. I haven't read Hitchhiker's Guide but I watched the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)