Monday, January 31, 2011

snow day!

This morning went something like this:
7:10 am. Wake up and get ready to go! With speed! I had to be to work at 8:30, and my brothers were coming to town with me because they had activities later on. We were in the truck at 7:55 ready to roll, so I back out of the spot where we park, drive about 2 feet down our driveway.... and we all start laughing. We have a circular driveway, and at the front part of it across the way from the mailbox to darn near the tree belt (think maybe 20 feet across) was a lovely drift about 4 feet high. Apparently that forecast for 6" of snow and lots of wind was right on.

So I emailed my boss, and my boss at dance, and our friends that the younger boys swim for, and Noah texted his coach.... cause we aren't going anywhere. (unless our neighbor comes to plow us out. which would be nice... but... he might not.)

It will be a fun snow day! I'll get to catch up on school, maybe do some sewing, play a million games of Dutch Blitz with my brothers, and overall party. oyeah! 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a bonus respite day! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow days seem like fun! I wonder if we'll ever have a real one. :lol:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)