Monday, January 3, 2011

saying goodbye

I say goodbye with a wave and a smile
Turning around the tears start to fall
Though it's for the best, I regret to leave
As the times that we had were quite a ball

I can only hope that this won't be the last time
That I have to say goodbye

Life, it goes on, always rushing by
I stop to smell the roses, just once in awhile
Oh how they bring back memories of you
The amazing person you are, with that smile

Oh how I did not want to remember the time
That I had to say goodbye

Peace and hope I continually search for
Only to find it in in my Savior's arms
The tears keep falling but He wipes them away
Promising me a day of no more harm

It's rather amazing to look forward to the day
That we will never say goodbye



*dedicated to my lovely amazing Aunt Terry, who passed away last February - my friend Joni who thought the world didn't want her anymore - and someone else who was very hard to say goodbye to

6 comments:

  1. That is......ummm...you have no idea. That is just what I needed to read. God, He works things out, you know? I got on, and read this not 5 min after it was posted, and its what I needed. Thank you for posting it, India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, India, you have a great talent for translating thoughts and emotions into verse! Keep it up!

    :steals lyrics to add to collaboration album:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... Indi... I can't believe you're also a whiz at math... that was beautiful!!

    And Than - I wait expectantly for the final product :D .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great poem...sorry for your losses. Goodbye is never easy. Never.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments y'all. Seems it's easy for me to write poetry when I'm feeling a certain emotion rather strongly. And it just kinda... happens. So if it's good, the words are not my own!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)