Sunday, January 3, 2010

awesome weekend randomness!

After my last post ... here is a not-quite-so-serious one on some fun stuff I did over the weekend. But wait! The weekend is not over! Maybe I should post this tomorrow .... or not. :D

Friday! I re-arranged my room and gave it a thorough cleaning. And I organized my bookshelf, vacuumed and dusted everything ... yeaah!! Looks good. :D Oh, and I had this random idea a few days ago to put Christmas lights on my bed! You know, after Christmas, when you can get all those awesome decorations for pennies? Well, I decided to ''invest'' in some Christmas lights, so I got a long string of them and wove them around my bed! It's soooo pretty. *does a happy dance*

Saturday! [morning] I woke up late and trooped downstairs to do Torah Study (and other things) with my family. We read about the Israelites, and how much they complained in the wilderness ... then read other things throughout Scripture that related to that. It was really great. I caught myself going ''oh, India, you complain about that too much - you complain about this too much" *cringes* So, yeah, good lessons to be learned and worked on.

Saturday! [evening] Noah had a basketball game, which was awesome to watch! He played pretty good - and was 100% on his free throws during the game! Whoot Go Noah!!! :D (big sisterly pride? you know it!)

Sunday! [morning] So I get up at a decently late hour again - around 9 - (well, I DID stay up until 2:30 and woke up at 4 for some random reason in my defense) and promptly tried to fix the mess I made of my brother's computer the night before. I decided to get things cleaned up a bit on it, since there's a chance that maybe I'll be giving it to a friend of mine. It was a good idea - until - I moved everything over to a flash drive, shift+deleted it .... only to discover that for the stupidest of reasons it hadn't copied over to the flash drive!!! AAAHHH!!! Thankfully, I found a little freeware recovery program that saved the day. I got all of his documents (and yeah, he had novels he had written on there) back except for a cheat-sheet and two pages of one of his books. Whew! God is good. :)

Sunday! [later morning] Yesterday, which I neglected to mention above, I made a skirt! That was fun. So I am wearing it today, and I walk downstairs through the living room (where my family was watching tv) and Noah goes ''India! Your skirt just turned the lights on in this room!'' hahaha ... yeah ... okay ... !! The fabric is off-white, with long, wide strips of yellow, pink, red and orange flowers. And yes, the flowers are BRIGHT! I would post a picture, but then you'd have to go find sunglasses to read the post. Needless to say, this will be an only-wear-at-home skirt. :D

Sunday! [afternoon] PLANS ARE: (since this, well, obviously hasn't happened yet) study for my English Composition test tomorrow, do laundry, go get some stuff I need from our storage unit ... and maybe, maybe I should make cookies or something. That would be fun (and my family would love me forever for it).

So - a small glimpse into my crazy weekend. tootles!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to know that I'll be getting a relatively clean computer. ;)

    You know how much I hate junk. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... that's funny about your skirt. Yay for awesome skirts! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)