Sunday, January 10, 2010

splish! splash! ooh what a weekend

"RACE EZRA! RACE! SWIM HARD!"
"AW SNAP! My video camera got splashed on AGAIN!"
"JUDAH WON! HE WON! AAHH!!"
"Ezra forgot his swim shorts at home?! What?!"
"If I hear one more Skillet song...!!"
"seven one-HUNDREDTHS of a second away? OH MAN!"
"Suurrree... of course I'll video tape the meet for you Tina!"
"ΕΖRA WON HIS HEAT! Can you believe it?! WOW!"
"If I hear one more Owl City song...!!"
"COME ON!! RACE! SWIM! KICK HARD!"

Yes. That was my weekend. Two beautiful days spent at the local swim meet. My brothers Ezra and Judah competed, and they both did absolutely wonderfully!!! (big sisterly pride again? OH YES!) My boss, Tina (who runs the swim club where my brothers swim with her husband), requested that I video tape all the swimmers from the club! So yesterday and today I video taped, tomorrow and the rest of the week will consist of editing each video and posting them on Youtube. A looong job. When I get some posted of my brothers I'll have to share some here.

Oh, about the Owl City and Skillet thing above .... while I was video taping I was listening to music. (of course!) I "borrowed" my brother's iPod for the weekend because my iPod does not have a case with a clippie thingie (which his does). Unfortunately, his iPod has much less space than mine, and so he only has a few albums on there. How many times can you listen to Skillet without going totally insane?! Wait, I'm already insane. We're good!

So yes, the swim meet. My brothers did awesome, Judah won a few heats and bettered his previous times in every event except one I believe. Ezra bettered his time in every event, won a few heats, AND is 7/100 of a second away from making the State Qualifying Time!!! Which is a HUGE deal ... cause if you get that certain time in a certain race, you get to swim that in the State Meet. Which is totally cool. Ezra's close time was the 50 Yard Freestyle .... oo he was SO close! It was a great race though.

Yep. That was my weekend. Filled with music, swimming, video taping, lots of water, screaming, yelling, cheering, congratulations and LOADS AND LOADS of big sisterly pride. :)

2 comments:

  1. I have only 3 GB total on my mp3 player, and two of those come from an expansion MicroSD card! I feel your pain, in other words. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe thanks. Yeah my brother's is only 4GB. Not quite what I'm used to with my iPod touch :P I really need to just get a case with a clippie for mine...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)