Saturday, January 30, 2010

the one and only...

TAJ MAHAL


"And to think these days men get away with giving 
flowers and chocolates to their wives"



A monument of love built by an inconsolable emperor, Shah Jehan, in memory of his wife Mumtaz, the Taj Mahal is best experienced in moonlight. Arguably the world's most photographed monument, the Taj Mahal is one of India's twenty-six World Heritage Sites. Do visit with a loved one. 

Thus reads a poster in my room with a glorious photo of the Taj Mahal. It's cool how I got that poster ... I was working - helping a lady set something up for some weekend function thingy - and she read my name tag and gave me the poster. :P It was originally meant for her daughter if I remember correctly, but she said she just had to give it to me because of my name. Bless her heart. :)

It would be so awesome to visit the place that inspired my name... wowzer! Someday, I hope to! All I can do for now is stare at it longingly from South Dakota. Pretty cool though, eh? And I love the caption at the top... hehe! If only my future husband would build something like that in my honor... !!!! Just kidding - but - it would be quite fitting for a Countess, would it not? ;)

3 comments:

  1. ...

    ...What about us guys who don't have billions of dollars worth of gold, lands, and thousands of servants to spend on a wife? :P

    That totally IS a cool place though...wouldn't mind seeing it meself. :D hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Amaras: LOL! don't worry ... I'm sure your future wife will understand if you give her flowers and chocolate instead ;) :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)