Sunday, January 17, 2010

[hint]India you worry too much[/hint]

My dear and loving Mother is hinting at something, I do believe. She printed this out on a piece of paper in big letters and set it on my desk. Here is what it said:


WORRY implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives.

STRESS says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace toward others, or our tight grip of control.

GET OVER YOURSELF!

The point of your life is to point to HIM. Glorify Him. Praise Him. Thank Him. Life - it's not about us - it's all about HIM.


That's good advice, eh? Needless to say, I taped the paper to the wall in front of my desk - and maybe it will help me to stop being so worrysome and stressed? We shall see. I'm trying! With God's help I'm really trying! This does bring to mind the blog of Victoria, a dear, dear friend of mine. She wrote about something she read about worrying - here. It's very interesting! Give it a look and have a wonderful week. :)

3 comments:

  1. Very good! I heard somebody also use the verse "A fool says in his heart, 'there is no God,'" and when we worry we are saying that God's not in our situation and can't handle it, and that makes us a fool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm yes absolutely, Miriam. Thanks for sharing that!

    *hugs back* Thanks Victoria... it means a lot (as you well know)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)