Tuesday, January 26, 2010

a glimpse into my Library



BOOKS I'M READING NOW:
  • The Bible ... the very words of my Maker and THE best book ever written.
  • Auralia's Colors by Jeffery Overstreet... it's a really neat Christian fiction story about a girl who has the ability from God to bring color to a gray world.
  • The Man in the Iron Mask by Alexandre Dumas ... total classicness - knights, ladies, evil dudes ... oh yeah. 
  • Heaven by Randy Alcorn... a book, all about Heaven. It's really interesting.... did I mention I've been trying to get through it for a year now? :P
  • Calculus: Early Transcendentals by James Stewart ... whoot!! honestly, I really love reading this book. :D
BOOKS I WANT TO READ:
  • The Power of Prayer in a Believer by Charles Spurgeon ... looks like a really interesting book - prayer is SO important in our lives and it will be interesting to find out what Spurgeon says about it.
  • Generation Change by Zach Hunter ... this dude is one amazing Rebelutionary. He's like a young William Wilburforce - trying to abolish slavery in the world.
  • The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis ... I have always wanted to read The Chronicles of Narnia ... here's to hoping my Mom lets me someday ;)
  • Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy ... my coach recommended this to me awhile ago, and if it's written by Leslie Ludy, you know it HAS to be good.
  • The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas ... aaah more classic epicness. 8-) Dumas is one super cool author with amazing stories - even if his books take years to finish. ;)
I got this whole ''reading now/want to read'' idea from another blog I came across ... but sadly, I cannot find the link to it. :( Kind of a cool idea though, eh? And now you have a glimpse into my literary world. *epic music plays*

10 comments:

  1. A question for you India:
    Is there a particular reason why your Mom hasn't let you read Narnia yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA - now you're beginning to sound like Alex... First, it's Alex gleefully going over his blog stats, now you're playing epic music! Well, you ARE your books and friends... Have fun with Calculus!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (glances over at Victoria and coughs, glares momentarily, and resumes normal life again)

    OOOOOH Auralia's Colors!! :D :D :D That was a totally epic awesome book! How are you liking it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh goodie! comments! thanks people :D

    @ Liza: Yeah, my Mom doesn't really like the whole "magic" thing. I'm hoping she lets me read it soon though ... I should be old enough, right? Good to hear from you, hope you are all doing well!!

    @ Victoria: hehehe!! yeah, Alex's "epic music playing" seems to rub off. But, if you are going to borrow, borrow from the best right?! thanks - I'll try to have fun with Calc ;)

    @ Amaras: YEAH! I am loving it so far. I'm almost done ... at the part where the whole world is basically crumbling ... can't wait to find out what happens! It's such a -- colorful book ;) :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie Ludy's books are really good! I have never read Authentic Beauty though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi India!
    My name is Kali Moores. My brother is Eric Moores from CP!. He put your blog on my "blog list". I have really been enjoying it, thanks so much! I love blogs! I just wanted to say hi! I love Authentic Beauty, it is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Kelsey: really? cool! "Authentic Beauty" will be the first one of hers that I have read. Which ones do you like?

    @ Kali: Hi!! It's so great to hear from you, thanks for leaving a comment! I'm glad you enjoy my blog :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooh! So many books, such little time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Leslie: it's so true ... sad and painfully true. :( but there is hope! after college! right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Alex: Haha, sorry, Alex. I didn't mean anything offensive. It's a good thing to have epic music playing in the background. *smiles and hopes Alex will forgive her*

    @India: Definitely - borrowing from the best is a must. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)