Wednesday, January 20, 2010

this. is. HUGE!

I have something so totally awesomely amazing to share with you -- so make sure you are sitting down!! As you read this, you'll probably be thinking .... "ANOTHER post on swimming? India, you are totally insane!" But! This is so incredibly HUGE that I just have to share it with you. AAHH!! So here goes.

Michael Andrew. Heard of him? Probably not. But, he did something amazing this past weekend, he broke the National age group record in the 50 meter freestyle race. National. National!!! Michael is a good friend of mine (he's 10), he swims with my brothers, and he is also the son of my boss. (for those who know not, my boss and her husband own and run the swim club where my brothers swim ... and Michael is their son.) The previous record was set in 1986 (I think it was) and it was just broken this weekend! A record that has stood time for 24 years has been smashed to the ground. The old record? 24.76 seconds. Michael's time and new record? 24.60 16 hundredths of a second! In the swimming world, that is incredibly huge. Really!!

So - think Michael Phelps at the Olympics. Well, one day soon, there is going to be a different Michael in the pool. So in a few years, be sure to watch for him. ;) A friend of mine - he's a great kid and an awesome swimmer .... take a look!!! This is THE race. Whoot!


And just for fun - a picture of my brothers with Michael.
L-R Judah (9), Michael (10), Ezra (12)



1 comment:

  1. I don't think you're insane... ;) That is a big deal, I mean - it's NATIONAL!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thought(s)! It means a lot. :)